For the record, I love love love The Band Perry. Her voice is stellar.

Anyways. Back to my topic of choice today: Harry Potter.

No, I’m not one of those energetic Harry Potter soldiers in the War on Twilight [I am not a Twilight fan either.] In fact, I haven’t even read past the 4th book, which I read about…eh…9 years ago? About that. But my sister, in a fit of Harry Potter euphoria, somehow convinced me to knit her a Gryffindor scarf for the premiere of the movie that’s coming out soon. [Being a ginger, she is required to be in Gryffindor. Everyone knows that.] Jessie's scarf so far!

Anyways, we got off on a putting-all-of-our-friends-in-houses tangent. As I said earlier, she has to be a Gryffindor because she’s a ginger kid. She informed me that I was a Slytherin [which offended me until I read that they were described as cunning people with leadership skills, which, hey, I won’t dispute.]. She continued, labeling Caroline as a Ravenclaw [because she’s a genius] and two of my close guy friends as Hufflepuff [because, in her words, they are smart and loyal, but otherwise useless.]

In a weak moment, I said that I was thinking about rereading the series to see if I liked it now. I didn’t like it when I was younger because it was too dark and had too much death in it, but now, as a more cynical person, I think I can handle it. She, of course, flipped out and ran off to put her copies of the first three books in my room to “start me off”. [Keep in mind that she is only 2 months away from her 17th birthday.]

But yeah. So now I’m stuck rereading all the books. We’ll see how this goes.

Signature