Wednesday, April 06, 2011

"If I were a painter, I would paint my reverie."

Painter Song - Norah Jones

So, interesting story. My friend Tori has asked me and some of our other artsy friends to come and paint random shit on her walls. Like, literally. She said, "I'll give you a wall, and I want you to just do whatever you want on it."

Such freedom! Good thing or bad thing?

Her only rule was that I'm not allowed to paint penises on it. Cause I totally was going to bring in a bunch of nude models and paint genitals all over her bedroom wall. Damn it. She's totally ruining my creative process.

She has a crazy obsession with Alice in Wonderland, but this other chick already claimed that one. [Grr. I was really looking forward to that too!] So now, I have free reign. Which, sounds great, but totally isn't.

I have no idea what to do!!

I'm thinking a tree at night with a big moon and touches of Harry Potter stuff. I'll add a broom here or there and maybe a snitch.

Any ideas?


6 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

I like your idea a lot. I hope you will show us your piece:) Happy Thursday, darling

Steinsburg said...

You definitely have to draw your tree; it's a must. Also... giant lightning scar?

Kate said...

Yeah my friends would totally paint penises. Even if they were told not to. I like how girls can be more perverted than guys sometimes.

And I love your idea. I mean, it's Harry Potter. What's not to love?

kitkat said...

lol she asked u to paint whatever on her wall??lol. ur idea sounds good hey. i'm a huge harry potter stan so i'm all for painting snitches and brooms and maybe a hand holding a pointed wand..x

Stephanie said...

What a great project! I'm kind of jealous that I can't paint all over my friend's walls! That must mean that she really likes you, and that your friendship is really close, because if she DIDN'T like you, she wouldn't let you do that. It's a good friendship sealer.

Harry Potter? Go for it! And take lots of pictures. =]

K. Syrah said...

Not knowing your friend, I don't have any suggestions. However, I understand what you mean when the "total freedom" isn't such a good thing. With no way to narrow things down, it's hard to pick a direction to go.