After Idol last night, I haven't been able to get this out of my head!

So I got a blog award. [Insert applause here.*] I know. I know.

*Interesting story. Every time someone walks into my stat class, the whole class bursts into applause. We have faculty members dropping in for completely bogus errands just so that we'll all clap for them. It's great.

Anyways, this award came from Stephanie at The Odd Duck, who is a complete doll. [You know...If dolls had tattoos and a refreshingly progressive view on life.]


There are a few reasons why this means a lot to me. Among those are:
  1. It always makes me happy when something I've done is called beautiful because I am inherently narcissistic and shallow.
  2.  The "little extra bit" part reassures me that I'm not completely boring you to tears. [If I am, just remember this. Ignorance is bliss.]
  3. It's uber flattering to get this from Steph because she's a baller.
And although I typically don't like people telling me what to do, in true narcissistic form, these should not be too difficult to follow.

The rules are:
  1. List three things that you love about yourself.
  2. Post a picture that you love.
  3. List five bloggers that you are passing this along to. to whom you are passing this along. [Come on.]
As I am my favorite person in the world, this should be easy. ;)

  1. My sense of humor. I have my moments when my jokes completely dive bomb. Don't get me wrong. I'm not comedienne all the time. But dude, I have my moments where I'm just like BAM! on it. I crack myself up. On a daily basis. Best thing? When Caleb and I get together.....everyone should beware. We are so mean, but soooooo great. We like to play a game called "Good friend/Horrible friend". One person acts like they are being nice and sets the victim loved individual up for jokes that the other one pounces on. This game can go on forever, and it never gets old.
  2. My love of music. I've always tried to get as involved in music as I can. I've done dance, have played 6 different instruments, created music on Garage Band, and sang for chorus and theatre. It's fantastic. I'm not the best musician, but I love music sooooo much.
  3. My relationship with my family. This includes my closest group of friends. We're all so close. There is nothing that can beat that feeling of ultimate security with the ones that you love. I'm absurdly close with my mom and sister. We tell each other everything. And my group of closest friends...I love them so much. We have so much history with each other, and now that we're about to graduate and all go to different colleges, it's dawning on us that no one will ever have the same kind of bonds. There may be some that are just as tight or tighter, but they will never be the same.
And now for my favorite photograph. This is a hard one because I am known for taking 500000000000000 pictures. [It's pretty bad.] Instead, I'm going to choose two. One will be artsy, and the other will be sentimental.

It's dorky. We're at band and we have braces.
But it holds a special place in my heart! 

This is one of my favorite photos that I've taken.
I really love it.
And finally, the five bloggers. 

Simply KateLemons Don't Make LemonadeHappily Ever NowJust Give It A Few, and Tales of a High School Nothing are some of my favorite reads, and I highly recommend that you check them out. 

Well, back to American Idol [Don't send Haley home! :(] and then Bones.

May the force be with y'all.