I have had waist length blonde hair since I was about 4. My “perfect” hair is not maintained by me. No, my hair is my mother’s territory. Her strictest rules have to do with styling my golden locks. For as long as I can remember, she has forbidden me to get more than two inches trimmed off of it at a time [leading to contraband haircuts by a trumpet player in the band room, but that’s a whole ‘nother story.], and she has a nasty habit of standing over the hair stylist’s shoulders making sure that my hair is bleached blonde enough for her liking. [It never is.] The only thing that I have managed to wiggle my way out of is her love of straight across bangs. …Took forever to convince her to let me grow them out.
But anyways, back to what I was meaning to talk about. I am super excited because after months of trial and error, I figured out how to get that neat wavy look. I mean, I don’t mind if its a little frizzy; that gives it a little bit of a beachy feel. But whenever I just let it go and do whatever it wants to, it looks like I’ve been hanging my head out of the car window.
Some of you may know this because I’ve seen in in magazines lately, but did you know that if you wrap your hair around a curling iron without using the clamp thing, you get nice Taylor Swift-esque waves? Its awesome! My hair is typically really straight and fine, so curling irons don’t usually work. But when you do this, they do. Its pretty much my favorite thing ever right now.
In the picture above, they look kind of flat, but keep in mind that that picture was taken after I’d been outside for about 3 hours on July Fourth in Georgia [aka sitting in a sauna] with no product on it. Yeah. Pretty stellar. When you first do it, its a lot bouncier and has a lot of volume in it. Product helps that a lot.
Alright, sorry. I’m done with my boring hair rant.
And now what you’ve all been waiting for! [Psssst! I’m talking about a wisdom teeth update!]
- Woke up at 12:30.
- Blinds were all shut, so our lovely recovery room [aka the living room] felt like a cave.
- Tried to brush my teeth because my mouth tasted like booty.
- Realized that the swelling has gotten so bad that there is no room in my already tiny mouth making eating an adventure!
- Jessie’s friends came over; one of which is painfully honest, so we stocked up on ammo to throw at her…just in case.
- Jessie’s mean friend was on her best behavior.
- Ate all day…again. Attempted to anyways.
- Laid here on my couch blog surfing. I found some that I really like today.
Overall, today has been tame and rather boring.
Cross your fingers that I will have better things to talk about in the future! :)