I'm Like a Bird - Nelly Fretado

So I'm starting a new project....cranes!

Origami cranes to be exact.

Look at him! He's kind of cute!
For those of you who don't know the background of the 1000 cranes legends, I'm Wikipedia's your gal! According to Japanese legend, if you make 1000 cranes, you will get one wish. Also, many people make a thousand and give them as wedding gifts as a good luck charm for 1000 years of good luck, happiness, and prosperity. 

Also:
The Thousand Origami Cranes has become a symbol of world peace[citation needed] through the story of Sadako Sasaki, a Japanese girl who tried to stave off her death from leukemia as a result of radiation from the atomic bombing of Hiroshima during World War II by making one thousand origami cranes, having folded only 644 before her death, and that her friends completed and buried them all with her. (This is only one version of the story. Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum states that she did, in fact, complete the 1,000 cranes.)

For those of you who are looking for a good [but very sad] read, there is a book about her titled Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes. I read it back in the day, and it was thinking back on this book that made me want to start making them again.

Look at my babies!
Thus far, I have 25 done. One of my friends and I are working together, and I think he has 69 [teehee. Sorry. I hang out with all males all day. It had to be done.]

But yes. Be prepared to hear random updates on my crane saga. I have a countdown....countup? over in that general area. ----> As I get more, I'll add to it.

Aaaand, what a fabulous coincidence. When I was randomly blog surfing, I came across this lovely blog! She's also making cranes, but she's sharing hers with the world. Very very cool.

May the force be with y'all.